Disappeared. Like that. Plank-smoked Camembert is creamy, lightly smoky, and just incredibly delicious. Oh, and it has just a little kick. Don’t be afraid of it. That little heat offsets the sweetness perfectly. You won’t be able to get enough. I couldn’t.
I could easily see making several variations on this plank-smoked Camembert for a party. You have to make this recipe as-is, for sure. Then maybe try a few different jellies. Try a few without jalapenos. Mix it up. They’re super easy to make, look amazing, and taste fantastic.
- 1 cedar plank
- 8 ounces Camembert cheese
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 large jalapeno pepper sliced thin
- Crackers for serving
- Fire up your grill for direct and indrect cooking.
- Place the cedar plank over direct heat and grill until it is singed. Flip and singe the other side. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Unwrap the cheese and place in the center of the plank. Top with the jelly, spreading it out over the top. Add the jalapeno slices.
- Return the plank to the grill, this time over indirect heat. Grill until the cheese is starting to melt, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the plank from the grill. Serve with crackers.
Nutritional values are approximate.