I love making ‘regular’ baked potatoes. And I love making Hasselback potatoes. For whatever reason, I find making them to be more fun. They are cool looking. They’re super-easy to cook. These three cheese Hasselback potatoes are simple yet packed with plenty of yummy creamy cheese. I love cheese. I love these potatoes.
Time for me to fess up. In the past I’ve cut my Hasselback potatoes by hand, using an old wooden spoon to prevent me from cutting too far. I was fairly successful at it, but it was time consuming and often frustrating. So now I ‘cheat’. I bought a slicing rack for these three cheese Hasselback potatoes and my life is oh so much better since I did. Perfectly sliced potatoes, every single time. Check it out on Amazon.
Also try my grilled Hasselback potatoes.
Three Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese finely grated
- 1/3 cup Swiss cheese finely grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice the potatoes (see the post for instructions on how to do this manually or using a Hasselback slicing rack).
- Transfer the potatoes to a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine the butter with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Gently spread the potato slices apart and brush with half of the butter mixture.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Brush with remaining butter mixture and divide the cheese between the potatoes.
- Return to the oven, under the broiler, to melt the cheese, another 1 minute.
Nutritional values are approximate.