I am a big huge fan of vinegary bean salads. My mom’s recipe is one of my all-time favorites. This copycat of the bean salad you used to be able to get at KFC is just as good as mom’s, if not better. It’s dangerously similar, but with a twist: green bell pepper. Well, you could’ve knocked me down with a feather. How was I to know how much that lil old bell pepper would add to this salad?
This recipe for a copycat KFC bean salad makes a decent-sized batch. Good enough for a family get-together. And it’ll hold up in the heat for a bit too. But it won’t last anyways, because everyone is going to love it. I sure did.
Don’t forget to also make my copycat KFC potato wedges!
Copycat KFC Bean Salad
- 16 ounce cut green beans canned
- 16 ounce wax beans canned
- 16 ounce kidney beans canned, light or dark
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beans in a large colander. Rinse and drain well.
- Transfer beans to a resealable container. Add the bell pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the oil mixture to the beans and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours.
- Toss gently before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.