What it lacks in food sexiness this pizza dip more than makes up for with fantastic flavor. It’s seriously just like having a big bowl of pizza goodness, perfect for dipping big ole tortilla chips. I made a big ole batch of pizza dip and took it to a family get-together. Watched it disappear in no time (after I sneaked a bowl of it for myself). It’s crazy good and crazy easy.
You can make this pizza dip ahead of time and keep it warm in a slow cooker set to low, perfect for a party. If you are going to warm it for a long period of time you may want to add a bit more marinara or pizza sauce to keep it from getting too thick. Warm the sauce just slightly before adding, then stir.
You can serve (but not cook!) this dip in a fondue pot!
Also try my mom’s shrimp dip, Rio Grande dip and my hot holiday broccoli dip.
- 1 pound ground beef or substitute Italian sausage
- 1 pound pepperoni chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ¾ pounds Velveeta cut into cubes
- Brown the ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Drain.
- Reduce heat to low. Add in the pepperoni and cook until the fat is rendered out. Drain.
- Add the seasonings and marinara sauce. Stir.
- Add the cheese cubes. Stir and heat until melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.