What it lacks in food sexiness this pizza dip more than makes up for with fantastic flavor. It’s seriously just like having a big bowl of pizza goodness, perfect for dipping big ole tortilla chips. I made a big ole batch of pizza dip and took it to a family get-together. Watched it disappear in no time (after I sneaked a bowl of it for myself). It’s crazy good and crazy easy.
You can make this pizza dip ahead of time and keep it warm in a slow cooker set to low, perfect for a party. If you are going to warm it for a long period of time you may want to add a bit more marinara or pizza sauce to keep it from getting too thick. Warm the sauce just slightly before adding, then stir.
- 1 pound ground beef or substitute Italian sausage
- 1 pound pepperoni chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 3/4 pounds Velveeta cut into cubes
- Brown the ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Drain.
- Reduce heat to low. Add in the pepperoni and cook until the fat is rendered out. Drain.
- Add the seasonings and marinara sauce. Stir.
- Add the cheese cubes. Stir and heat until melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.