This hot holiday broccoli dip is different, at least for me. I can’t recall ever making a dip with broccoli. Maybe I just don’t get out enough because the dip was fantastic. I wouldn’t say it was healthy, but maybe healthier than a lot of dips you’ll find during the holidays. Probably healthier than most dips I make! It’s deliciously creamy for sure, and has a great crunch from the broccoli!
Hot holiday broccoli dip is thick, so you can’t serve it with some wimpy chips or crackers. Get the thick, hearty stuff because you’ll want to dig deep and load up.
Oddly, or maybe not, this dip is really good just as it is as a side dish. You might want to leave the broccoli whole and not chop it.
I haven’t tried it, but I think you could make this dip with cauliflower too. Or instead. I’d make sure that the cauliflower pieces are chopped very small, like the broccoli.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Get the real stuff.
Also try my mom’s shrimp dip and my pizza dip.
Hot Holiday Broccoli Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 10 ounce broccoli frozen, thawed, drained, lightly chopped
- 2 ounce pimentos drained
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine the mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, and all of the remaining ingredients. Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and bake another 5 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.