Yeah, I coulda just turned on the oven, tossed in a few waffle fries, and had a side for my burgers in less than 30 minutes. And I would’ve been fairly happy with that. But why not spend any extra minute or two and turn those fries into something special? These Cajun cheesy waffle fries prove just how easy it is to turn a simple side into something fantastic. Smoky bacon, sharp onion and creamy cheese, all on top of waffle fries seasoned well with Cajun seasoning. Just a bit of heat, just a bit of spiciness. Perfect.
Mix it up a bit. I’ve made these Cajun cheesy waffle fries with smoked cheddar, leaving out the bacon, for a wonderful twist. Don’t have green onion? Red onion, minced, works great too! Instead of Cajun seasoning, use your favorite. I like blackened seasoning. Or smoked paprika. You can’t really mess these up. Oh, and sure, if you don’t have waffle fries, good ole French fries work great too!
Also try my Texas fries.
Cajun Cheesy Waffle Fries
- 22 ounce waffle fries Ore-Ida Golden Waffle Fries
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning divided
- 6 ounces cheese finely shredded . I used a mix of 3 ounces cheddar and 3 ounces Monterrey Jack
- 4 sliced bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced, for topping
- Ranch dressing for serving, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil or use a silpat.
- Add the fries and arrange them into one layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fries with half of the Cajun seasoning and flip. Return to the oven and bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown with crispy edges.
- Sprinkle tops of fries with the cheese, remaining Cajun seasoning, and the bacon. Return to the oven and bake another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve with Ranch dressing.
Nutritional values are approximate.