The other night I dreamed I was on a deserted island. I could only pick one sandwich to have on the island for the rest of my life. It came down to a choice between a Reuben and a club sandwich. I went with the club sandwich. But not an ordinary club sandwich. Instead, my quick fix (I’ve got things to do on the island!) club sandwich with a delicious pesto mayonnaise!
As much as I do love a good Reuben sandwich, I know I made the right choice. Crunchy bacon. Tangy cheese. Crispy lettuce. Ripe tomato. And that nutty pesto. Different and delicious! If you find pesto strong, don’t use much, just enough to get the taste. If you love pesto, load up on it!
I am required to have my club sandwich (any club sandwich) with a dill pickle spear. It has to be super cold, too. Hopefully I can get those on my island.
Quick Fix Club Sandwich with Pesto Mayonnaise
For the sandwich
- 6 slices bread toasted
- 4 tablespoons Pesto mayonnaise from below
- 4 ounces sliced turkey
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked, cut in half
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup green leaf lettuce chopped or in leaves
- 2 spears dill pickle for serving
- Arrange 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread each slice with some of the pesto mayonnaise.
- Add a slice of cheese and top with the meats.
- Divide tomato, bacon and mayonnaise between sandwiches.
- Add top slice of bread. Cut into halves.
- Serve with pickle spears.
Nutritional values are approximate.