This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
The other night I dreamed I was on a deserted island. I could only pick one sandwich to have on the island for the rest of my life. It came down to a choice between a Reuben and a club sandwich. I went with the club sandwich, believe it or not. But not an ordinary club sandwich. Instead, my quick fix club sandwich with pesto mayonnaise! I definitely made the right choice!
This quick fix club sandwich with pesto mayonnaise is different and delicious! And as much as I do love a good Reuben sandwich, I know I made the right choice. Crunchy bacon. Tangy cheese. Crispy lettuce. Ripe tomato. And that nutty pesto. If you find pesto strong, don’t use much, just enough to get the taste. If you love pesto, load up on it!
I am required to have my club sandwich (any club sandwich) with a dill pickle spear. It has to be super cold, too. Hopefully I can get those on my island.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Also try my BBQ Island club sandwich.
Quick Fix Club Sandwich with Pesto Mayonnaise
For the sandwich
- 6 slices bread toasted
- 4 tablespoons Pesto mayonnaise from below
- 4 ounces sliced turkey
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked, cut in half
- 1 large tomato sliced
- ½ cup green leaf lettuce chopped or in leaves
- 2 spears dill pickle for serving
- Arrange 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread each slice with some of the pesto mayonnaise.
- Add a slice of cheese and top with the meats.
- Divide tomato, bacon and mayonnaise between sandwiches.
- Add top slice of bread. Cut into halves.
- Serve with pickle spears.
Nutritional values are approximate.