This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I devoured my BBQ Island Club sandwich like I devoured the Margaritaville: The Cookbook where I found the recipe that inspired it. There’s nothing wrong with your standard good ole club sandwich. This is your standard good ole club sandwich… but with a twist. The dressing mix, as easy as it is, sets them apart.
I made a big batch of the dressing and BBQ sauce mix and kept it on hand for burgers and sandwiches. It’s a nice change and is also absolutely fantastic on a Reuben or pastrami sandwich. Of course it’s also great on a BBQ Island club sandwich. If you love club sandwiches as much as I do, you also need to make my club with pesto mayonnaise!
If I’m reaching for a bottled BBQ sauce, I often go for Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Try my Cheeseburgers in Paradise. They’re just like the restaurant classic!
Now, if I could just get someone to pay for a stay at the Margaritaville Resort in Gatlinburg!
BBQ Island Club Sandwich
- Combine the salad dressing and the BBQ sauce.
- Slather one side of each slice of bread with the sauce mixture.
- Top one slice of bread (with the sauce-side up) with the turkey, one slice of Swiss and half of the lettuce.
- Add another slice of bread, sauce-side down.
- Add the remaining Swiss and lettuce, the bacon, tomato and ham.
- Add last slice of bread, sauce-side down.
- Skewer and cut in half and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.