I love mushrooms on a burger, so why not load up a hot dog with tons and tons of sauteed mushrooms and a good helping of Swiss cheese? These Alpine hot dogs combine great mushroom flavor with yummy all-beef hot dogs and great creamy nutty Swiss cheese. Every bite is delicious.
Beefy dogs and beefy mushrooms go together perfectly. I would definitely recommend bigger, juicier, fatter dogs. Don’t be tempted to add mustard to these Alpine hot dogs. They stand on their own. No condiments needed. Nothing. Resist!
Also try my bacon-wrapped hot dogs with Fire-Eater sauce. They’re crazy good too!
Alpine Hot Dogs
- Grill the dogs and toast the buns.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to soften.
- Add the Italian seasoning, stir, and continue cooking until the mushrooms are mostly soft. Remove
- Add one slice of Swiss cheese to each bun.
- Add a hot dog, top with half of the mushrooms, and another slice of cheese. Place under the broiler to melt the cheese, if desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.