These hot dogs with avocado were sooooo good it really didn’t matter that I almost burned a bun. Heck, I could have charred the bun to total blackness and these still would’ve disappeared in minutes. They’re just that good. The crispness of the onion is offset by the smooth sour cream and avocado, the citrus kick of fresh lime, and just a slight hint of heat.
Also try my hot dogs with onion, chili and slaw. It’s the perfect combination.
Hot Dogs with Avocado
For the salsa
For the hot dogs
- 4 hot dogs spiral cut (read how to do it)
- 4 hot dog buns
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Red onion diced
- Gently combine all of the salsa ingredients. Add salt to taste.
- Grill the hot dogs and lightly toast the buns.
- Top each bun with a hot dog, some of the salsa, a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle with a little red onion.
Nutritional values are approximate.