Yes, under all those toppings lies a big ole grilled all-beef dog. My loaded Mexican hot dogs are not for the faint of heart. You pick it up and you don’t set it down until it’s all gone. Every bite is crazy good. Tons of cheese. Fresh avocado. Crunchy red onion, Briny black olives. Sharp green onions. And a great twist: grilled lime squeezed on top for a fresh citrus hit. We loved these dogs.
I served these loaded Mexican hot dogs with a side of some just-as-crazy-good bean dip and some warmed tortilla chips. It was the perfect dinner basket!
Also give my Mexican charred corn hot dogs a try!
Loaded Mexican Hot Dogs
- 6 1/4 pound hot dogs
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1/3 cup queso fresco shredded
- 1/3 cup taco cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- 1 handful black olives chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- Fire up your grill and cook the hot dogs. Place the lime wedges on the grill and get them lightly charred.
- Toast the buns as desired.
- Place dogs in buns.
- Combine the three cheeses in a bowl then sprinkle on top of the hot dogs.
- Add remaining ingredients. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the dogs.
Nutritional values are approximate.