I’ve been on a wrap kick lately. Besides being easy to make they a nice change from having sandwiches for lunch. As an extra bonus, avocados were on sale, so I incorporated them into everything I made for a week, starting with these avocado wraps with spicy mayonnaise. Creamy avocado and crunchy smoky bacon get a nice little kick from a southwestern-inspired sauce. This is one great wrap that isn’t boring by any stretch of the imagination.
Avocado Wraps with Spicy Mayonnaise
For the spicy mayonnaise
For the sandwich
- 4 large tortillas
- 8 slices smoked turkey lunch meat
- 4 slices provolone halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large tomato sliced very thin
- Combine the garlic, salt, chili powder, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice and the mayonnaise in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fry the bacon. Drain.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Slice thin and sprinkle with remaining lime juice.
- Spread a tablespoon (more or less, to taste) of the mayonnaise out on the wraps.
- Add sandwich meat and cheese. Top with remaining ingredients. Roll up tightly, cut in half, and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.