A few times a year Anita and I take a drive down to the Exit 76 Antique Mall in Edinburgh, Indiana. About 30 minutes or so south of Indianapolis, the mall is stuffed with tons and tons of antiques, collectibles, arts, crafts, toys… just about anything you can imagine. To maximize our browsing time I like to pack quick and easy lunches, like these Fiesta tortilla wrap bites. They’re easy to make but full of flavor. And they travel well.
The antique mall has a little sitting area (it actually used to be a Subway sandwich shop) with tables that are perfect for grabbing a bite to eat before antiquing.
The filling used in these wraps can be used for other treats too. Like for topping cut cucumbers, or as a dip. It’d also be great as the filling for a grilled cheese sandwich. Or on top of hot dogs. It’s great stuff.
Also try my grilled chicken wrap with southwestern dipping sauce.
Fiesta Tortilla Wrap Bites
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 8 inch tortillas or wraps
- Place all ingredients except for the tortillas in a large bowl and mix well.
- Divide mixture between the tortillas.
- Tightly roll the tortillas and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2-8 hours to let the wraps set up then slice as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.