I’ve been on a wrap kick lately. Besides being easy to make they a nice change from having sandwiches for lunch. As an extra bonus, avocados were on sale, so I incorporated them into everything I made for a week, starting with these avocado wraps with spicy mayonnaise. Creamy avocado and crunchy smoky bacon get a nice little kick from a southwestern-inspired sauce. This is one great wrap that isn’t boring by any stretch of the imagination.
Nothing beats a perfectly ripe avocado. That’s what makes these avocado wraps with spicy mayonnaise so wonderful. Also try my avocado with crab-mango salad and my smoked turkey avocado wraps.
Avocado Wraps with Spicy Mayonnaise
Creamy avocado and crunchy smoky bacon get a nice little kick from a southwestern-inspired sauce. This is one great wrap that isn’t boring by any stretch of the imagination.
For the spicy mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice plus a little more (1 lime)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
For the sandwich
- 4 large tortillas
- 8 slices smoked turkey lunch meat
- 4 slices provolone halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large tomato sliced very thin
- Combine the garlic, salt, chili powder, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice and the mayonnaise in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fry the bacon. Drain.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Slice thin and sprinkle with remaining lime juice.
- Spread a tablespoon (more or less, to taste) of the mayonnaise out on the wraps.
- Add sandwich meat and cheese. Top with remaining ingredients. Roll up tightly, cut in half, and serve.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 994mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4335IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.