I cannot stop making these grilled avocados. I’ve fired up the grill a few times lately for dinner, making sure that I also throw a few avocados on. I brushed them with this absolutely insanely great vinaigrette. The flavors are perfect. I had no idea just how fantastic balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard would be on a simple lightly-charred avocado.
I like to make crosshatch cuts into the avocado after I grill it. It lets a little of the vinaigrette get down inside the fruit, making sure you’ll have lots of flavor in each and every bite.
I love making side dishes on my grill, like Brussels sprouts.
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Slice avocados in half and remove the seeds.
- Brush avocado insides with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill avocados for 4 minutes then remove.
- In a blender combine the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic and 3/4 cup olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Brush vinaigrette over grilled avocados and serve, garnish with parsley.
Nutritional values are approximate.