I cannot stop making these grilled avocados. I’ve fired up the grill a few times lately for dinner, making sure that I also throw a few avocados on. I brushed them with this absolutely insanely great vinaigrette. The flavors are perfect. I had no idea just how fantastic balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard would be on a simple lightly-charred avocado.
I like to make crosshatch cuts into the avocado after I grill it. It lets a little of the vinaigrette get down inside the fruit, making sure you’ll have lots of flavor in each and every bite.
I love making side dishes on my grill, like Brussels sprouts.
I cannot stop making these grilled avocados. I’ve fired up the grill a few times lately for dinner, making sure that I also throw a few avocados on. I brushed them with this absolutely insanely great vinaigrette. The flavors are perfect.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 avocados
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup parsley plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Slice avocados in half and remove the seeds.
- Brush avocado insides with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill avocados for 4 minutes then remove.
- In a blender combine the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic and 3/4 cup olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Brush vinaigrette over grilled avocados and serve, garnish with parsley.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 1012mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 576IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.