Why have boring canned green beans when with the addition of a just a few ingredients you can have outstandingly good green beans. These barbecue green beans have a great barbecue flavor. A hint of bacon (with a bit of crunch). And a bit of sweet. You will absolutely devour these.
I may add a small pinch of red pepper flake to these barbecue green beans next time I make them. Not too much, but I love a little heat with my sweet. If you have a favorite BBQ sauce you can use it in place of the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Start with about 1/2 cup of the sauce and taste to see if you might want a bit more.
Also try my fire-eater green beans.
Barbecue Green Beans
Why have boring canned green beans when with the addition of a just a few ingredients you can have outstandingly good green beans.
- 2 cans cut green beans drained
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Open green bean cans, drain, and add to a 9″ x 9″ casserole dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until starting to crisp, stirring often.
- Add the onion and cook until the bacon is crisped and the onion starts to soften.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Stir and cook another 3 minutes.
- Pour bacon mixture over the beans and stir to combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.