Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
This was my first time making prime rib on my Char-Broil Big Easy. It will definitely not be the last time. Preparation and cooking were, as always with the Big Easy, easy. And the end result was just crazy good. Tender, beefy and just flat out delicious. Incredible. This ended up being one of the best meals I’ve ever had.
I started with an almost-five pound rib roast. All I did was salt and pepper it. Nothing fru-fru. Just rubbed it on and into the Big Easy.
About 2 hours later the meat hit 125 F (and a bit higher in spots, so next time I’ll keep a closer eye on it). The weather was chilly, mid 50s, with some pretty good winds. I had expected the cook time to be 15 minutes/pound, but it ended up closer to 20 minutes/pound.
After resting and slicing I served the prime rib with homemade au jus, Sriracha horseradish dipping sauce, cedar planked Cajun mashed potatoes, and grilled Cajun green beans.
Everything on the plate was fantastic. I highly recommend making prime rib in the Big Easy.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Prime Rib on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 5 pound rib roast rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Combine the salt and pepper and rub over all sides of the rib roast.
- Put the roast into a cooking basket and put into the Big Easy. Insert an cooking thermometer into the meatiest part of the roast.
- Cook about 15 minutes/pound or until the meat reaches 125 F. Note: 125 F will give you a rare roast. If your guests prefer their meat done medium-well or well, slice and then finish on a grill instead of cooking the entire roast to a high temperature.
- Once the desired doneness has been reached remove the roast to a baking pan and cover with foil and a kitchen towel. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.