This is how you kick up your standard queso dip. Add in some Buffalo wing-inspired flavors and you’ve got a hit. I certainly can’t get enough of it. Lightly spicy, creamy, with a hint of smokiness (I used fire-roasted tomatoes), it’s a fantastic dip to serve along my other favorite appetizer, Buffalo wings! We made this Buffalo Queso dip for the Superbowl and it was perfect!
Feel free to make a few tweaks to this recipe for Buffalo Queso dip to suit your tastes. Substitute chopped (drained) green chiles for the pepper. Instead of regular Velveeta substitute Mexican or even Queso Blanco. This recipe doubles or even triples easily, making it great for a crowd!
I always have Cholula hot sauce on hand so that’s what I used. I have different flavors so I can make this dip to my tastes!
Buffalo Queso Dip
- 1 can diced tomatoes fire-roasted adds more flavor, drain well
- 1 cup Velveeta cut into cubes
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup onion minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup green pepper finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a small slow cooker sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Heat on high for 2 hours, stirring often, until cheese is melted. Reduce heat to warm and serve.
- You can also bake this dip in a small baking dish at 375 F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional values are approximate.