I admit, I don’t always cook up a big ole fru-fru dinner. In fact, sometimes I crave junk food. Or a take on junk food.
I was rummaging through the freezer and found a batch of homemade pizza sauce. I decided to make some cheater chicken Parmesan sliders. They’re just what you might imagine: pre-made chicken nuggets, pizza (or marinara) sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, all served on slider buns for a quick and easy tasty bites. They’re actually very tasty and kinda fun to eat. They are also perfect game-time snacks.
Make sure you use nuggets that are slider-friendly. Chunky nuggets won’t do well here. You want flat ones, which is why I used the nuggets from Tyson’s. Chunky nuggets to make for great crispy chicken po boys, though.
Cheater Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Toast the buns if desired
- Warm the nuggets per the package instructions.
- Warm the sauce.
- To assemble, top each bun bottom with 1/2 slice Mozzarella cheese.
- Add 2 nuggets and a tablespoon or so of sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese and top bun. Serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.