Oh my goodness. Give me a plate of these chicken fingers and some of the dipping sauce and stand back because I’m going in! Calling these the “best” is not only accurate it’s an understatement! The chicken is moist and tender. It isn’t dried out like some of the chicken finger recipes we’ve all made. The batter adheres perfectly and has just the right crunch. No batter loss here and no breading that’s so crunchy you’d swear you were biting into pebbles. This is spot-on great stuff here!
Although this recipe calls for adding a bit of hot sauce to the marinade I wouldn’t let that scare you off from making them for your We-don’t-like-spicy friends. The chicken is by no means spicy hot. The heat is very subtle. If you have to go without it substitute apple cider vinegar or white vinegar. Personally, I’d double the amount of hot sauce and add a bit of cayenne or chipotle powder to the breading next time!
Dip your chicken fingers in my copycat Zax sauce!
The Best Chicken Fingers
For the chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
For the marinade
For the breading
For the chicken
- Cut into strips or nuggets. Try to make the pieces as close to the same size as possible.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add in the chicken pieces and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the breading ingredients in a pie plate or bowl.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or Dutch oven until 365 F.
- Working in batches, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade. Shake off excess and transfer to the fryer. Fry 2-4 minutes per side, flipping once. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with the Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce.
For the Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.