I know a lot of people aren’t fans of iceberg lettuce, but we are. When fresh and cold, iceberg has such a wonderful crunch. And nothing is easier than slicing a head of iceberg into wedges and serving it as a classic wedge salad. We made one with blue cheese dressing and Gorgonzola crumbles, one with ranch dressing and feta…
.. and then I used my waffle fry cutter to add a few fancy radishes. They were all fantastic!
The first time I made these for my parents they thought it was the coolest idea. Most restaurants don’t serve wedge salads, so it was something new and exciting to them. I love that about food. Not everyone has seen everything, you can do something totally new every day, every meal!
Classic Wedge Salad
- 6 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 head iceberg lettuce core removed, cut into 4 wedges
- salad dressing blue cheese, ranch, etc
- cheese crumbles blue cheese, Gorgonzola, feta, etc
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- Place wedges on 4 salad plates.
- Top with dressing, cheese and your other favorite toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.