Wow, who would’ve thought something so simple could be so good? Anita absolutely loves this copycat Olive Garden Italian sausage soup. It’s very easy to make. Bonus!
I was thinking I was going to have to add some kick, like maybe red pepper flakes, but this copycat Olive Garden Italian sausage soup can hold its own just like it is. I served it with some homemade cheddar oyster crackers.
Also try my awesome old-school flashback, homemade alphabet soup.
Olive Garden Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 cups beef broth
- 10 3/4 ounce diced tomatoes undrained
- 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained
- Pecorino Romano cheese freshly grated
- Remove sausage from casings and crumble into a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook until done.
- Add the rice, broth, tomatoes, and a pinch or two of freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and continue cooking until the rice is tender.
- Add the spinach and stir. Cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.