This creamy dill broccoli slaw is a wonderful spin on my favorite salad, creamy cucumber salad. Loaded with dill and a hint of lime, it has a great summer flavor with plenty of crunch to it. I added a few sliced fresh chili peppers and chives from our garden for garnish. Cilantro would also make a great addition to this slaw.
You can substitute ‘normal’ shredded cabbage for the broccoli if you wish. Broccoli slaw tends to stay crunchier longer than cabbage, which can get soggy in no time. If you do make this creamy dill broccoli slaw with cabbage instead, sauce only the amount of slaw you plan on serving. That way the leftovers won’t get drenched in sauce and become soggy.
Creamy Dill Broccoli Slaw
This creamy dill broccoli slaw is a wonderful spin on my favorite salad, creamy cucumber salad. Loaded with dill and a hint of lime, it has a great summer flavor with plenty of crunch to it.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups broccoli slaw a small bag
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime lime zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin I used slightly less
- chile pepper sliced, for garnish (optional)
- chives sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Place the slaw mix in a medium resealable container.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients except for the garnish. Add to the slaw. Cover and shake gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with sliced pepper and chives, if desired.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 608mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.