I grew up on my mom’s creamy cucumber salad. I ate so much it’s a wonder that my hair isn’t green. My favorite part? The creamy dressing that’s left in the bottom of the bowl after you finish off the cucumbers. I’d drink that stuff right up.
I still love my mom’s creamy cucumber salad. I recently bought a spiralizer, so I figured that was a great opportunity to give it a whirl. In just seconds you get these different-looking cucumber noodles… or coodles… Hey, they’re fun!
Although this salad is best with fresh dill, I usually use dry unless I can pick some fresh from our garden. I also add a bit more than the recipe calls for since I really like the combination of dill and mayonnaise. It’s very similar to Ranch dressing in flavor. I also make a version of this salad without the ‘creamy’.
Also try my creamy dill broccoli slaw!
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons dill weed dried, or about a teaspoon of fresh, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 4 medium cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 3 green onions chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cucumbers and onions. Toss.
- Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.