We were looking for the perfect side for our Stove Top stuffing meatloaf. We thought perhaps it would be mashed potatoes. They’d definitely be good with the wonderful brown gravy from the meatloaf. But we both wanted something a little crunchy, something roasted… something with more flavor than ‘just’ mashed potatoes. These crispy Parmesan potatoes were definitely the perfect side. We could not have found a better pairing for our stick-to-our-ribs meatloaf!
The original recipe for these crispy Parmesan potatoes called for using fingerling potatoes. As much as we both love fingerlings, we felt that cubed Russets would give us more of that crunchy texture, more of that wonderful roasted-ness that we were both craving. We made the right call as they were fantastic!
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Cut into 1/2" cubes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle potatoes with the olive oil Sprinkle with the salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Transfer potatoes to a sheet. pan Spread them out evenly so they do not overlap.
- Roast in the oven until the potatoes start to turn golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven and continue to roast until golden brown, about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.