Easy. Yummy. That’s all I wanted and that’s what I got when I sat down to a big ole plate of this slow cooker beef and broccoli. It wasn’t that great outside. It was gray, cold and windy. I needed something to warm me up and well, to cheer me up. This fit the bill perfectly. Nothing fancy here, but good.
Slow cooker beef and broccoli is full of wonderful beefy flavor. The broccoli adds a nice crunch. And my favorite part? Yeah, it’s that wonderful sauce. A little sweet. A little hint of soy and sesame and garlic. It’s a good stick-to-your-ribs kind of sauce. The kind where you want more.
Also try my slow cooker Hungarian beef.
This recipe is based on a recipe from I Am Homesteader.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Add the broth, soy sauce, oil and garlic to your slow cooker. Stir.
- Add the beef and stir, separating the strips if they try to clump together. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the sauce that has accumulated in the slow cooker into a small bowl. Whisk in the corn starch and pour back into the slow cooker.
- Add the broccoli and stir. Cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Nutritional values are approximate.