I’m by no means the first person to deep-fry ravioli. And there’s nothing particularly new or out-of-the-box amazing about this recipe. But, this is the best version of the yummy little fried bites that I’ve made. It’s my go-to, easy dinner recipe. Nothing fancy. Just really yummy. And a bit decadent. That’s probably why it’s yummy!
I do admit, I do sometimes make a slight change to my deep-fried ravioli recipe. I like to add a few pinches of red pepper flake or cayenne to the bread crumb mix. Sometimes I just want a bit of a kick, specially if I am serving these bites as appetizers instead of as the main course.
I use my Fry Daddy when I make anything deep fried for just the two of us. It’s small, uses little oil and does a great job of frying.
Also try my deep-fried zucchini.
This recipe is based on a recipe from I Am Homesteader.
- 25 ounce cheese ravioli frozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil canola or vegetable, for frying
- 2 cups marinara sauce warmed, for dipping. Pizza sauce is also great!
- Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. You need a sheet that will fit in your freezer. If you don't have one, or don't have room, use plates lined with parchment paper instead.
- Place flour in a pie plate.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk in another pie plate.
- In a third pie plate, combine the Italian bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, coat the ravioli in the flour. Then coat in the egg mixture. Shake off any excess then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off excess and transfer to the wire rack on a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 F in a deep fryer or Dutch oven.
- Line a few plates with paper towels.
- Working in batches, fry the ravioli for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Transfer to the paper towel-lined plates.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve with warmed marinara sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.