You have those cans of tomato soup just sitting there in the pantry. It’s not bad soup. But those cans have been sitting there for a reason. That soups needs a little something. A little help to make it into great soup and not ‘just’ a can of soup. This easy kicked-up tomato soup is just that. Just add a few pantry and fridge ingredients and boom, great tomato soup for a cold day!
The diced tomatoes add a nice texture and freshness to this easy kicked-up tomato soup, but you can definitely leave them out. Let’s face it, at least here in the mid-west US good fresh tomatoes are impossible to find this time of year.
I like a little crunch to my soup to give it even more texture, so I added a few homemade croutons. Optional, but yummy.
Also try my creamy cheese and tomato soup.
Easy Kicked-Up Tomato Soup
- 3 cans tomato soup 10.75 ounces
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan grated, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- olive oil
- Add soup to a pot over medium heat along with 3 cups of water. Stir and heat.
- Stir in the sherry, cream, pesto and Parmesan. Heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with the tomatoes, a drizzle of oil and more Parmesan.
Nutritional values are approximate.