These Buffalo wing burgers are further proof that chicken or turkey burgers do not have to be boring or bland. These are definitely our go-to no-beef burgers. A little spiciness, tender patties, and oh, my favorite, Buffalo wing flavor. Topped with a dressing that is both sweet and spicy. Perfect!
I’ve already made these Buffalo wing burgers several times. We absolutely love them. So far, I have only made them with ground turkey, since we prefer the texture of ground turkey over chicken. Well, that and ground turkey has been on sale lately!
Buffalo Wing Burgers
For the burgers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for the grill
- 1/2 small sweet onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flake or more
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 4 hamburger buns
- green leaf lettuce optional
- tomato sliced, optional
For the burgers
- Melt butter with oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and salt and cook until onion starts to turn golden.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper, hot sauce, thyme, and red pepper flake. Stir then remove to a large bowl to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and combine well. Form into 4 equally-sized patties.
- Fire up your grill. Oil your grates so that the patties do not stick.
- Grill patties until they reach 165 F, approximately 5 minutes per side. Be careful flipping the patties if they begin to crumble.
- Toast buns if desired.
- Slather buns with the mayonnaise. Add lettuce (if using), the grilled patties, tomato (if using) and the top bun and serve.
For the mayonnaise
- Combine all ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.