Well, time for us to harvest the last of the fresh herbs we planted this year. Thyme, rosemary…. all of our favorites. Some I dry, some I freeze. This is how I freeze them for later use.
Chopping the rosemary reminds me that it is time to make one of our favorites – rosemary focaccia bread.
Freezing fresh herbs
- Fresh herbs
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Ice cube trays
- Roughly chop the herbs if desired.
- Fill ice cube trays up about 2/3rds of the way.
- Fill trays up the rest of the way with oil or butter.
- Put into freezer until frozen solidly.
- Remove from ice cube trays and place in resealable baggies. Label and keep in freezer until needed.
Nutritional values are approximate.