This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Well, time for us to harvest the last of the fresh herbs we planted this year. Thyme, rosemary…. all of our favorites. Some I dry, some I freeze. This is how I freeze them for later use.
Chopping the rosemary reminds me that it is time to make one of our favorites – rosemary focaccia bread.
Freezing fresh herbs
- Fresh herbs
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Ice cube trays
- Roughly chop the herbs if desired.
- Fill ice cube trays up about 2/3rds of the way.
- Fill trays up the rest of the way with oil or butter.
- Put into freezer until frozen solidly.
- Remove from ice cube trays and place in resealable baggies. Label and keep in freezer until needed.
Nutritional values are approximate.