I got tired of sitting around whining that no one was making good new flavors of potato chips. Oh sure, every once-in-a-while there’d be something new, but nothing seemed to wow me and I always ended up with the classics, BBQ, sour cream and onion and well, plain. Nothing wrong with the classics. They are classics for a reason. But I wanted something new. I had a pouch of garlic Parmesan wing dust from Kosmo’s sitting around and thought… Hmmmmm. I bet that’d be great on chips. It’s sure as heck fantastic on wings. Quick fix garlic Parmesan potato chips to the rescue!
These quick fix garlic Parmesan potato chips were delicious. Kosmo’s wing dusts are never, ever lacking in flavor. It didn’t take a whole lost of dust to really amp up what was just a bag of good-ole plain ruffled chips. My faith in chips is back!
Of course, you can make homemade potato chips in a deep-fryer and then toss them in the seasoning too! Just don’t over-drain the chips as they come out of the hot oil or the flavors won’t have anything to adhere to. Make sure you get them good and coated.
Also try my quick fix salt and vinegar, lemon pepper, and Nashville hot potato chips.
Quick Fix Garlic Parmesan Potato Chips
- 4 cups potato chips A few good handfuls worth. I recommend ruffled chips, and no need to get the expensive stuff, store brand is fine
- ½ tablespoon Kosmos Q Garlic Parmesan Wing Dust more or less, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 F.
- Spread chips out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. You should see that the oils in the chips have come to the surface.
- Gently transfer chips to a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use a spatula to carefully stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.