Because I’m a chicken wing nut, I have a lot of various wing seasonings on hand at all times. And I do mean a lot. But, you know those seasonings (and any other of my favorites) are great on potato chips? No reason to be locked into only a handful of flavored chips at the store when you can make them taste however you want! Today I made a batch of my quick fix lemon pepper potato chips. Chips. Lemon pepper seasoning. That’s it! And oh-so-good!
You don’t need to grab the expensive chips when you make quick fix lemon pepper potato chips. The key here is to warm up the chips just enough that the oils they were cooked in come back to the surface of the chips. That gives the seasoning something to cling to. No big pile of seasoning at the bottom of the bowl with these chips, nope. Nothing but flavor.
Of course, you can make homemade potato chips in a deep-fryer and then toss them in the seasoning too! Just don’t over-drain the chips as they come out of the hot oil or the flavors won’t have anything to adhere to. Make sure you get them good and coated.
Quick Fix Lemon Pepper Potato Chips
- 4 cups potato chips A few good handfuls worth. I recommend ruffled chips, and no need to get the expensive stuff, store brand is fine
- ½ tablespoon Buffalo Wild Wings Lemon Pepper Seasoning more or less, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 F.
- Spread chips out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. You should see that the oils in the chips have come to the surface.
- Gently transfer chips to a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use a spatula to carefully stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.