Who doesn’t love perfectly roasted red potatoes? A little garlic, a little citrus, a little cheese and a little time and you’ve got the perfect side dish. A light crunchy outside, creamy buttery inside. I used red potatoes in my garlic red potato recipe, but you could use any potato you want. Fingerlings are great made this way too.
The addition of lemon really lightens this dish. I wouldn’t leave it out. If you want a bit of a kick, add a few good pinches of dried red pepper flake. To ensure your potatoes come out perfectly, select potatoes that are all approximately the same sizes when quartered. Smaller potatoes, like baby potatoes or fingerlings can be kept whole if you wish.
Also try my Creole roasted potatoes.
Garlic Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place potatoes in an 8" x 8" inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Add potatoes to the dish.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Drizzle over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tops of the potatoes.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.
Nutritional values are approximate.