I could probably eat andouille sausage all day long. I just love that great smoky, garlicky, oniony flavor. And it has a great texture. Not mushy. Sometimes andouille is a little hard to find here, so I end up substituting smoked sausage or even kielbasa. That’s ok, because no matter what sausage you use in these Creole roasted potatoes, it’s going to come out fantastic.
Creole Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes cubed
- 12 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning I used my homemade seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and gently toss to mix and coat well.
- Pour mixture into a roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the potatoes are soften and golden, stirring every 15 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.