It’s getting cold outside. And that means it’s time for stick-to-your-ribs good food. Like Fat Johnny’s goulash. Simple ingredients. Easy to prepare. And delicious results. And I do mean delicious. Make a double batch. You’ll love it so much you won’t even notice how cold it is.
I almost changed a few things when I made this. Like substituting a pound of Italian sausage for some of the ground beef. Like maybe using some different pasta. Wisely, Anita talked me out messing with perfection and I followed the recipe to a ‘T’.
This recipe comes from Chez John, aka Fat Johnny. Check out Chez John’s blog. It’s full of fantastic dishes like this goulash plus countless many, many others. Heck, it’s too cold to go outside, best sit inside where it’s warm and look at food porn!
Fat Johnny’s Goulash
- Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain well.
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven or medium pot.
- Add the onion, peppers and garlic. Add salt, pepper to taste along with the Italian seasoning. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer another 5 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.