I love Hawaiian pizza, so it wasn’t too much of a stretch to put some of the same ingredients on top of a grilled hot dog. Grilled (I made them on my trusty Weber grill) Hawaiian hot dogs are a combination of sweet and heat, my favorite. You don’t need anything else on these. No sauce or anything like that. The juicy pineapple takes care of that.
The grilled vegetables would also be great on a French bread pizza. Add them along with some grilled or smoked ham along with cheese and sauce, and you’ll have a fantastic pizza.
Also try my delicious grilled hot dogs with hot Creole blender sauce. They’re different.
Hawaiian Hot Dogs
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Brush the onion and pineapple rings with a bit of olive oil and grill, flipping once, until nicely charred and starting to soften.
- Remove, and let cool just slightly. Chop and place in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar, salt and cayenne to the bowl and toss to coast.
- Grill dogs and toast buns as desired. Serve topped with the onion and pineapple mixture.
Nutritional values are approximate.