This grilled new potato packet is the perfect side to make on the grill. Like any packet dish, you just toss a few ingredients onto a piece of thick foil, seal it, and toss it on the grill until done. The potatoes in this packet come out very tasty thanks to sun-dried tomato dressing. In fact, I think any vinaigrette-like dressing would be just fine.
If you love my grilled new potato packet you’ll also want to try my grilled scalloped potatoes.
Grilled New Potato Packet
- 2 pounds red new potatoes use potatoes that are all about the same size, quartered or halved depending on size
- 2 pounds white new potatoes use potatoes that are all about the same size, quartered or halved depending on size
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomato dressing
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- dried red pepper flake to taste (optional)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Heat your grill to medium heat. Or use high heat and set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear off a large piece of foil.
- Place potatoes in the middle of the foil. Drizzle with the water and oil and add garlic if using.
- Seal potatoes, but leave a slight gap at the top (you can just leave the packet open or cut a slit in it with a knife).
- Place on grill and cook until the potatoes are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Open packets (be careful of the steam that will escape) and add the remaining ingredients. Toss lightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.