We’ve been enjoying a week of grilling marinated chicken breasts, sliced thin, served on top of fresh greens with homemade salad dressings, like this herby Ranch dressing. I also mix up the salad toppings to keep things new and exciting. In no time we have a great salad for dinner.
This dressing has the flavors of a traditional Ranch, with an extra herb kick. Fresh herbs make it the best, but you can substitute dried, like I did. Just make sure you crumble the dried herbs first. You don’t want to bite into a big ole chunk of oregano, ya know!
Herby Ranch Dressing
If using fresh herbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- Combine all ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Add more buttermilk if the dressing is too thick.
Nutritional values are approximate.