These homemade cinnamon brown sugar Pop Tarts were incredible! And they were so easy to make! They taste just like Pop Tarts. I was so impressed I think I giggled in-between bites. I loved and I do mean LOVED cinnamon Pop Tarts as a kid! I could devour a box in no time (assuming Mom wasn’t watching). Just give me some Pop Tarts and a glass of cold milk for dunking and I was one happy boy!
The crusts on these homemade cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts were flaky and light. The filling is oh-so-yummy! These are the perfect milk-dunking pop tarts!
Also try my mini cinnamon rolls.
Homemade Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop Tarts
For the glaze
- ¾ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3-4 teaspoons milk possibly more
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour.
- Working one sheet at a time, roll out the pie crusts to about a 1/8″ thickness and cut into 3″ x 4″ rectangles. You should get 6 rectangles out of each dough roll.
- Place 12 of the dough rectangles onto baking sheets. These will be the bottoms of the tarts.
- Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush onto the crusts.
- Make the filling by combining all ingredients and place 1 heaping tablespoon onto the center of each tart bottom. Do not get the filing within 1/4″ of the edges of the dough.
- Place the remaining dough rectangles on top of the bottoms and press down along the edges with your fingers to seal. Use a fork to then crimp the edges.
- Brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Make the icing by combining all the of ingredients, beating with a fork. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick, but don’t add too much or it’ll be too thin.
- Brush icing on top of tarts.
- To serve, reheat in a toaster or toaster oven.
Nutritional values are approximate.