I’ve never been to a Houston’s restaurant. Their food sure looks awesome. So though I can’t say this copycat of their buttermilk garlic salad dressing is a true copycat, I can say it is fantastic. Like slurp-slurp-I-love-salad-more-than-ever-now fantastic. This is Ranch dressing to the max. Thanks mostly to the garlic.
Make sure you let the dressing ‘get happy’ in the fridge overnight before serving. It makes a huge difference. And make a double batch because this copycat Houston’s buttermilk garlic salad dressing isn’t just for salad. It’s great for dipping wings. And veggies.
Copycat Houston Buttermilk Garlic Salad Dressing
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic minced, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Alternatively, place all ingredients into a large bowl and whisk well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight before using.
Nutritional values are approximate.