Indianapolis recently hosted the Big 10 basketball tournament. As part of the event the Levy restaurant group in Chicago produced unique hot dogs that highlighted each of the teams. I came across a copy of the list of the dogs recently, and just had to make each and every one of them. Topped with tons of tasty yumminess the Illinois Fighting Illini cheddar hot dog is a dog to remember. Because things like melted cheese, crispy tortilla strips and Dijon mustard are great.
Easy to make and great tasting, the Illinois Fighting Illini cheddar hot dog is a winner! And for a full list of all of the Big 10 team hot dogs, click here and enjoy! Make them all!
Fighting Illini Cheddar Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dijon mustard
- tortilla strips
- Cook or grill the dogs as desired.
- Toast the buns, if desired (I always do).
- Add dogs to buns.
- Top with cheese. Put under the broiler for a minute if you want your cheese melted.
- Squeeze on some mustard and top with tortilla strips.
Nutritional values are approximate.