I’ve found the replacement for eating popcorn while watching a movie. No more of that. Grilled bacon-wrapped jalapeno-stuffed olives are much, much better. Yeah, there’s definitely a spicy kick to them. And a little smokiness from the bacon. A bit salty. Just give me a bowl of these little bites and a little cool ranch or blue cheese dressing (gotta cool off!) and I’m happy!
You don’t have to go the spicy route when you make grilled bacon-wrapped jalapeno-stuffed olives if you don’t want to. Any stuffed olives will work just fine for this recipe. Try Gouda-stuffed olives, they’re fantastic too! Just make sure you get big olives, big enough to wrap the bacon around. Those lil ole pimento-stuffed olives that are barely bigger than peanuts just won’t do. And since you’ve got the grill going, might as well add a few bacon-wrapped meatballs!
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno-Stuffed Olives
- 15 jalapeno-stuffed green olives
- 5 slices bacon thin-sliced, cut into thirds
- Your favorite seasoning
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese, for serving
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Wrap each olive in a piece of bacon. I didn’t need a toothpick to secure the bacon, but you might.
- Sprinkle your rub out on a plate and roll the bacon-wrapped olives in it to coat.
- Grill 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
- Serve with cool ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.