How long had it been since I’d had a real, old-fashioned malted milkshake? Years and years, for sure. What in the world was I waiting for? (And no, milkshakes aren’t just for summer!)
This old-fashioned shake took only minutes to make. I savored it as long as I possibly could. Although I drank (ate?) mostly milkshakes as a kid, malteds are soooo much better. Its like eating a handful of Whopper’s while enjoying a cool shake at the same time.
I love making and drinking milkshakes. They remind me of my days as a kid when I could drink as many of them as I could find. I have to exercise a bit more control now, but I still enjoy them. Try my cola, chocolate with Nutella, and maple bacon (yes, bacon) milkshakes.
Old-Fashioned Malted Milkshake
- 3 scoops ice cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk more or less
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extract or syrups, to taste (see note)
- Real whipped cream and cherries for garnish
- Chill a large soda glass while making the shake.
- Let ice cream soften slightly.
- Put the ingredients into a blender. Puree until smooth. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick. If it gets too thin, add a bit more ice cream.
- Serve in the chilled tall glass, topped with whipped cream and cherries.
Nutritional values are approximate.