I cannot bake. I’m okay admitting it, too. So when my wife said the other day that she was jonesin’ for a red velvet cupcake, I came up with the next-best-thing: no bake red velvet cheesecake. I opted to make the cheesecake in miniature pre-baked (like I said, I don’t bake, and that includes baking pie crusts!). I like the little crusts because they have built-in portion control. You put a big ole cheesecake in front of me and I might have trouble keeping myself under control. Put a mini cheesecake in front of me and I can manage.
You can’t get much easier than this no bake red velvet cheesecake. Just mix a few ingredients together and into the pre-made pie crusts it goes! Great vanilla and cocoa flavor with a perfect creamy texture. Very, very addicting little bites, that’s for sure.
Also try my black forest cheesecake.
No Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Place the cream cheese into a mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, sugar, food coloring, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping. Do not over mix.
- Pour, spoon or pipe the filling into the crust(s).
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Top with additional whipped cream if desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.