This isn’t a big-to-do, fru-fru, fancy pizza sauce. It doesn’t have wine or fresh basil or whatever. It isn’t like our favorite homemade sauce that takes a little effort (and a lot more ingredients) to throw together. Everything that goes in it is probably already in your pantry… hence the name, pantry pizza sauce.
What this pantry pizza sauce is is easy, fast, and tasty and perfect when you just want to throw together a quick pizza. And that’s exactly what I did.
It takes a little more time, but also try my house pizza sauce.
Pantry Pizza Sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 6 ounces warm water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons honey add 1 tablespoon, taste, and add more if desired
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste you don’t have to add it, but I recommend it
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ or more teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Break up any clumps of cheese and let the mixture set, at room temperature, for 30 minutes before using.
Nutritional values are approximate.