I was wandering around the produce section at the grocery store when I came across a really nice basket of fresh-picked ripe peaches. I knew exactly what I was going to make with them. Peach BBQ sauce, the perfect sauce for a rack of St. Louis-style smoked ribs. Although I’d be partial to using this tasty sauce on anything, it really complements anything pork the best.
This sauce isn’t too ‘peachy’. You can taste the fresh peaches, sure, but they don’t over-power the sauce. The peaches add a nice sweetness too.
For a smokier sauce, check out my peach BBQ sauce Version 2.0.
Peach BBQ Sauce
Peach BBQ sauce, the perfect sauce for a rack of St. Louis-style smoked ribs. Although I’d be partial to using this tasty sauce on anything, it really complements anything pork the best.
Servings 4 cups
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small shallot diced
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon your favorite BBQ seasoning I used my no-burn rib rub
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups peach nectar see below
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
For the peach nectar (may make more than you need for the sauce)
- 4-6 peaches ripe (you need to end up with about 2 cups of sliced peaches in the end)
For the sauce
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic and shallot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and rub. Stir.
- Stir in the ketchup, peach nectar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and let simmer until thick, about 30 minutes.
For the peach nectar
- Bring a pot with enough water in it to cover the peaches to a boil.
- Add the peaches and boil just 2-3 minutes until the skin is softened.
- Remove peaches and place in an ice bath to cool.
- Peel the peaches. Remove the pit and slice.
- Place 2 cups of peaches along with 1 cup of water into a blender or food processor. Liquefy until smooth.
- Store any unused nectar in the fridge.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1187mg | Potassium: 808mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 1441IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.