Everyone loves Peeps. Heck you can even buy Peeps stuffed toys (I’ve noticed one or two around our house even…). So how about doing something different with Peeps? How about crazy good Peeps chips? They’re crunchy. Very crunchy. And they taste like toasted marshmallows. The kind you get over a campfire. They’re really addicting. And kind of messy.
These little Peeps chips treats take a bit of work to make, but they’re worth it. You want to dehydrate them over low heat. Our oven’s lowest temperature setting is 170 F, which worked perfectly. Just slide a wooden spoon in between the door and oven frame so that any moisture can escape. Our oven also has a warming drawer which, when set to High, gets to 190 F, which is also fine. Just leave the drawer slightly ajar so steam can escape.
Also try my Peeps-stuffed Oreos.
- 12 Peeps
- Heat an oven to it’s lowest temperature, 170-190 F.
- Flatten out the Peeps with your hands, cast iron skillet, spatula… anything you have.
- Place the flat Peeps onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Insert into oven and let dehydrate for 10 or so hours, turning the pans every few hours. Keep the oven door ajar by placing a wooden spoon between the door and oven frame. You want just enough of a gap so any moisture coming off the Peeps escapes.
- After 10 hours our Peeps were crunchy on top, but still soft inside. I flipped them and let them go another 2 hours. At that point they were pretty crunchy. I removed them from the oven and let them cool. They then hardened completely.
Nutritional values are approximate.