I was in need of a good side dish for a batch my orange chicken. The chicken is crazy good, with a thick, slightly sweet sauce that has just a slight kick to it. This easy Asian slaw was the perfect side. Crunchy with a hint of sesame oil, we both loved it. The red onion added a great little heat. I used a bag of pre-made slaw mix, but you could go thru the trouble of shredding your own cabbage too. Either way, you can’t lose with this slaw.
The original recipe for this easy Asian slaw stresses that you shouldn’t add the dressing until you’re ready to serve it. We actually enjoyed it even more the second day, dressing it completely the first day. The cabbage and onion soaked up the delicious flavors from the dressing. I’ve made this several times and I prefer it that way.
Also try some Tub’s coal miner slaw.
Easy Asian Slaw
For the slaw
- 1 bunch green onions sliced thin
- 32 ounces coleslaw mix with carrots if desired
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
For the slaw
- Add the green onions to a large bowl. Add the slaw mix and red onion and toss to combine.
For the dressing
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together. Pour over the slaw and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.