I made a big batch of super-tasty roasted tomato soup the other day. I think it’s pretty much law that you must have a grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup. But, if you know me, I had to do things just a bit different. So, I decided to make pimento cheese. I’ve made pimento cheese grilled cheese sandwiches before, and I loved them, so to change things up I made pimento cheese bread sticks. I just took a great creamy pimento cheese mixture and spread it over toasted ciabatta bread. Under the broiler for a bit and then… fantasticness!
On the off-chance that you have some leftover pimento cheese spread, I cannot recommend enough just how great it can be on grilled burgers or hot dogs.
Also try my easy pimento cheese.
Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces pimentos drained, reserve liquid
- 2 pinches dried red pepper flake optional
- Combine the cheddar, Asiago and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Empty the jar of pimentos into a small food processor and pulse a few times.
- Stir the pimentos into the cheese mixture. Add the pimento juice a little at a time, stirring. Add more juice until you get the consistency you desire.
- Stir in the red pepper flake, if using.
- Spread on crunchy bread.
Nutritional values are approximate.